Friday

EARRING TUTORIAL: bows & pearls



MATERIALS:

+ TOOLS: I used 2: pliers and a wire cutter




On the piece of wire, 'thread' 6 beads. I'm using 3mm coral beads, but you can use whatever beads you want. They can be bigger (or smaller). Then add a 'focal' bead, I added a pearl. Add the remaining 6 3mm coral beads.

Time to make the 'drop' shape! Pull up to the two ends until the top beads meet each other. Then twist the wire twice. Stick one end straight up, and wrap the other one about three times around the base. Snip the remainder off. You'll be left with the one end sticking up.


Slide your bow bead down! Bend it to one side. Snip the remainder.


Using your pliers, grip the END and then roll it in to create the loop. Do not close it. You need to add your hook.


Add your chain, then your hook. Close the hook.


Voila! That's the end. Pretty simple, right?

If you have any comments or questions, please ask (:

- A







8 comments:

  1. It's very cute! I'm wondering where to buy the bow bead though..I can't find any in the craft stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that little easel is so cute!! pretty color pallet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the presentation of your earrings! So adorable and simple!

    <33 Rena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you're back to blogging! I love reading your earring posts. I started crafting a bit over a year ago, but recently I haven't found time to make any cause of school. I wish I have a craft store near me that sell a bunch of cute things like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I've stalked from your first post and I just wanted to say, I adore your designs and skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne: Thank you (: I bought the bow beads off etsy.com
    phim: why thank you <3 miss you girl
    Rena: thanks, that's exactly what I was going for ~
    Pauline: I'm glad I'm back too. I finally have the time to really stick with it.
    Linh: Thank you ! I don't know if I have skills, just designs, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That easel is so cute! Did you make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny: No I did not, haha, I bought it at a craft store. I have seen them for cheaper at Walmart!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...