Saturday

EARRING TUTORIAL: wings & coral


As requested by Rena.





You will also need tools: pliers & wire cutters

First, take the wire and snip it into 9 pieces, about an inch long.

Take the blunt part of your plier tool to press one end of the wire. Slip on your bead. The flat end will prevent the bead from falling off. WARNING: The end will probably be sharp.


Snip off excess wire and then close your loop. Repeat.

Using the jump ring, connect the wing and the chain. Close the loop. Put on your hook.


This is how you're going to add the beads. I used small 'spiral' patterns: one bead to the left, then to the front, then to the right, all in sections of three.


Voila, and you're finished.

Thank you for reading, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post!

- A

+


My 'workspace' at my dining room table. I don't have a definite place where I work, I'm pretty nomadic really... any tabletop with a window. My backdrop for photographs is just two sheets of watercolor paper.

7 comments:

  1. YAY! Thank you for the tutorial, A! I think I seriously need to make some for all six of my sisters!

    <33 Rena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I was wondering how you got those cute little beads onto the chain and now I know! I really like these. Just wondering, what size chain + beads are they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you photograph everything. TOO CUTE> LSKJDLKSJD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of wire are you supposed to use? I went to the crafts store and there were so many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linh: The chain is pretty thin, and the beads are 3mm coral beads.
    Jen: I know the selection is pretty overwhelming at craft stores. I like working with thinner wire, so I use 24guage wire in both silver and gold plated. I would go to the jewelry section and look at the wires from there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! the pearl wings are uber cute! where did you get them from??!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beads are from etsy:http://www.etsy.com/listing/62755224/m988-wh-white-mother-of-pearl-angel-wing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...