Friday

7 JEWELRY STORAGE TIPS






I recently moved so I took the time to organize all my jewelry. Here are a couple tips and ideas!









1. Repurpose broken jewelry stands. The birdcage on the left doesn't spin correctly, it gets loose and super wobbly. So instead of using it as an earring holder, I just drape necklaces over it.


2. Make a frame jewelry holder. Thrift an awesome frame, cut cork board to the correct size, add a line of wire, and finished. To hold my metal studs I glued lace around a small tin and hung it on the wire.

3. Cute thrifted bowls are your friend.






4. Office supplies are never off limits. This is just a regular cork board and pushpins.






5. Utilize unique items. I use miniature easels to hold my hair-ties. I found this mini-shopping cart at a yard sale.







6. Buy seasonal items from craft stores AFTER the holiday. I LOVE ceramic egg crates, and I got them for super cheap at various craft stores after Easter.






7. Handles rock. I took the drawers off a broken wardrobe and put it on my windowsill. I slung necklaces over the pulls.





Thanks for reading!

- A


11 comments:

  1. Such creative ways to store your things! Definitely makes your room more artsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE THE MOON ON YOUR WALL.
    Where did you possibly get it?

    I must know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the little cart is awesome =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your ideas for storing jewelry! I've seen a miniature grocery cart, but I don't think it was for sale. I wish to own one too. I liked seeing how your organized your room as well.

    <33 Rena

    ReplyDelete
  5. great ideas, might try the pinboard for necklaces etc!
    hellochloerose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica: Thank you so much!

    Chelsea: Isn't it awesome? I found it first on UO's site but it was way too expensive so I googled it, found it on walmart.com and had it shipped to the store. It lights up and goes into lunar phases. It's the Uncle Milton Moon in my Room.

    http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Milton-Moon-In-Room/dp/B000EUHKUE

    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Uncle-Milton-Moon-in-My-Room/16541423

    Kittin: Thanks! I love it haha.

    Rena; Thanks, love your input!!

    Chloe Rose: Totally! It's awesome because you probably already have the materials in your home, ready to be repurposed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a wonderful post! Do you mind if I share this on my blog? (with all credit to you, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harper: no problem!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's up! You can see it here :) http://thriftyharper.blogspot.com/2012/06/jewelry-organization-ideas-from-hello.html

      Delete
  9. Sooo cute !!! The tiny shopping cart is adorable ! And the tiny easel

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I adore the moon! It's such a pretty piece! Thanks for the link, going to go check it out now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...