Hello everyone (:
I recently made an instagram for this blog, follow me at hellowhimsyblog for behind-the-scenes, earrings and DIY!
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Monday, August 6, 2012
Hey everyone! Long time no blog. I have tons of earrings I need to photograph and blog about, but here is something a little bit different.
I went to Anime Mid-Atlantic, a small anime convention around early summer and saw different artists selling bows made of perler beads. I fell in love with them! I decided to go home and make my own designs. This is not at all original, haha.
This is probably considered a little juvenile, but I think they're adorable and great for little girl crafts.
Perler Beads Tips:
- Buy more black/white. You'll use them the most because they are the more common 'outline' color.
- I swear what takes the most time is picking out the colors if you bought a mixed bucket (like me). If I could do it over, I would buy the colors separated.
- (I bought two mixed buckets, the Sunny Days mix and the 11,000 beads one.)
- But, then again, the buckets are great deals at Michaels, especially if you use a 40% off coupon. I would weigh the different costs, monetary vs time. Or, you can employ a younger sibling to help separate...
- Seriously, separating takes forever.
- Iron on a flat surface.
- Bead tweezers are your friend.