Tuesday

TUTORIAL: Simple Spike Necklace

Hello hello!

I hope everyone is fighting against flu season and winning! Work was madness last week and my weekend was action packed so on my day off yesterday I was a slug and didn't do anything but watch b-horror movies on Netflix and make earrings.




 I have a necklace tutorial I wanted to share. Now I rarely make necklaces, because I rarely wear necklaces. I usually just wear my press pass/id around my neck. But these are super simple to make and I need something cute to wear on my days off, right?



MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED:

Howlite Spikes: I got mine off ebay and at bead stores in NYC
Wire
Chain
Jump Rings
Clasps: I'm using lobster claws





Cut a piece of wire. A little less than a foot would be more than enough, it all depends on how much you want to wrap around your spike.



Start wire-wrapping the bead. Slip the wire in the holes, keeping one length longer then the other. Holding the longer length, start working it around the bead. You don't have to go in a straight, uniform line. When you reach the end, tuck it into the mass. Create a loop with other end and then wrap the rest around.






Now take your chain. I'm using this white-gold chain. I would honestly prefer all gold, but I don't have enough so I'm improvising.




Thread your spike.




Open two jump rings.



Add your end and your clasp.



And you're finished!

19 comments:

  1. I love this! and it's so easy to make.
    project-twentytwo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it <3<3<3 I want to try it! Simple and so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and I love it! This tutorial is fantastic and I will certainly be using it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see your results!

      Delete
  4. it's so simple, but the coiling of the wire makes it unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow cool!what kind of wire did you use?Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regular ole 28 gauge gold craft wire, thanks!

      Delete
  6. So simple and elegant! I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this will sound very stalkerish but I am your fan from soompi and I'm just dropping by to say that I miss your writing! I hope you're doing well though. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It's okay, I appreciate your kind words! I really need to update Reawakening, I've been meaning to get to it...

      Delete
    2. you're reply made me so happy! Thank you! Take care~

      Delete
  8. What kind of wire did you use?28 gauge?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh! I just found your blog and I LOVE IT! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love necklaces and you can always find me wearing at least two at a time! :D This necklace is so pretty (I like how you coiled the gold wire on the top) and most importantly, looks doable for me. Thanks for sharing this and I thought I'd love to let you know that I nominate you for the Liebster Blog Award, which I think is a fun way to reward your favorite bloggers for their creativity. Hop over here and check it out:

    http://onelmon.com/blog/2013/04/liebster-award/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So wonderful and lovely blog. Great DIY's and tutorials. Really, great job!

    I've started with my DIY blog a month ago. If you like it, hope you keep coming back there. I will definitely follow yours :)
    Greetings!
    Kärt

    http://diywithkart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...